Aga Khan University
Simulation Technical Analyst, Centre for Innovation in Medical Education
Aga Khan University
The Aga Khan University is a private, international university committed to international standards of excellence in teaching, research and service. Its teaching hospital, the Aga Khan University Hospital has been accredited by the prestigious Joint Commission International for achieving the highest international healthcare standards.
The Centre for Innovation in Medical Education (CIME) is the only one of its kind in South Asia to be accredited by the Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH) meeting international standards for simulation-based education, innovation, and pedagogical research. This is an exciting time as the Centre expands to new AKU campuses in Nairobi and Kampala. The Centre is committed to working with partners in healthcare, education and clinical practice to enrich educational experiences and improve healthcare outcomes and patient safety.
Aga Khan University invites applications for the position of Simulation Technical Analyst in the Centre for Innovation in Medical Education.
You will be responsible for:
- utilizing simulation, Biomedical, AV and IT technology deployed within CIME
- working as a member of the technical team with specific responsibilities for operating simulators, biomedical, audio-visual and IT equipment, working alongside clinicians, troubleshooting, routine maintenance and reporting technical faults
- adhering to guidelines, policies and protocols devised by CIME management in relation to equipment and technology utilization and management
- working effectively within project teams developing innovations, liaising with internal and external agencies
- utilizing technological developments and innovations
- disseminating knowledge locally to colleagues, faculty, staff and visitors.
- undertaking programmes of preventative maintenance of technical equipment including biomedical, and simulators.
- identifying redundant or obsolete equipment/technologies/simulators
- keeping abreast of new products and developments in simulation.
You should have:
- a bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Science subjects (Computer Science is desirable)
- minimum of 2 years’ experience in professional role in similar capacity is preferred, Biomedical experience is desirable
- ability to troubleshoot biomedical systems at module level
- knowledge of the operating systems such as Windows, MAC, Linux and troubleshooting skills related to it
- understanding of IT networking, hardware & software
- knowledge of operating and troubleshooting Audio-Visual Systems
- ability to work as a team player and individually
- good communication and interpersonal skills
- demonstrated understanding of equipment maintenance, life cycle and repair
- knowledge of operating and troubleshooting simulators
- competence at Analyst level in 16 identified clinical simulation competencies at CIME.