The Project Manager Agile is responsible for the timely delivery of high-quality technical solutions that drive key business strategies.
The Project Manger Agile leads a cross functional development team through all phases of the product development process, from discovery, through development, to product launch.
The Project Manager Agile uses his/her toolbox of agile practices, Project Management processes, and facilitation skills to predictably produce high-quality projects, especially in digital banking environment.
The Project Manager Agile is responsible for creating agile plans, reporting status to management, resolving critical project issues, and building an effective project team.
The Project Manager Agile is part of a leadership team that drives process improvements, especially Agile improvements, across the entire Software Team.
- Leads the project team through all phases of the Digital Project development process.
- Identifies and drives implementation of continuous improvements within the project team.
- Proactively identifies and helps to resolve issues that impact achievement of team sprint commitments.
- Regularly reports overall project status to management and key stakeholders, escalating major issues as necessary.
- Maintains a project repository of historical and current project information.
- Facilitates team meetings and other day-to-day activities as required by the team.
- Ensures the team is fully functional, cooperating, and productive.
- Shields team from external interferences and removes obstacles.
- Administers and manages business relationships with the project’s external consultants and third parties ensuring they meet their project obligations.
- Suggests and implements improvements to project management, software development and other organizational processes.
- With the Product Owner and Development Manager, provides the project team a concise vision and creates a positive team environment.
- Education: Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in a Computer Science, or related technical field.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects or equivalent preferred
- Experience to work with multi-function project teams like Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
- Strong planning skills – schedules, resource allocation, issue management, tracking, etc.
- Able to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills as well as highly effective communication skills.
- Strong desire to help improve processes and mentor others.
- Situational leadership.