At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We’re pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We’re in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
About The Team
Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, the IT Audit Manager will be responsible for leading and delivering audit assignments across Careem. He / she will be responsible for assisting the HIA in developing the annual IT risk based audit plan and then delivering a mixture of application and infrastructure audits in areas of IT governance, cyber/IT/data security, risk and regulatory compliance. She / he will play an important role in developing and managing stakeholder relationships.
What You’ll Do
- Assist in the development and implementation of the annual risk-based IT audit plan and budgeting.
- Conduct / lead IT audits and reviews of systems, applications and processes including, Pre/Post- implementation reviews, Cyber Security Review (e.g. network, operating system and data center), IT Landscape/Baseline Assessments and Business Application Reviews.
- Conduct reviews of IT management policies and procedures in areas such as change management, business continuity planning, disaster recovery and information security to ensure controls are well designed and implemented.
- Ensure all IT audits are completed, reported and findings are appropriately reported.
- Follow up to ensure that agreed action plans are implemented in a timely manner.
- Assist with reporting to the Executive Management and Audit Committee.
- Be point of contact for technology requirements and initiatives undertaken by the Internal Audit department.
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with stakeholders across Careem.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Accounting, Computer Science, Information Technology or Software Engineering.
- Certification in Information Systems Assurance is a must (CISA). Others such as CISM, CISSP, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) a distinct advantage.
Where you’ll be
- Even though we are working remotely, we are strong believers in collaboration and the power of building social connections with our teams. For that reason, our offices are still open and provide plenty of collaboration-friendly spaces at times when teams need it or if you need a quiet space to work outside of home.
- You’ll be working in the location you’re hired from. Due to legal and compensation considerations, you will need to be based out of the country you’re hired from as your primary work location.
What we’ll provide you
As a Careem Colleague You Will Be Able To
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this.
- Be part of a Remote-First organisation
- Work from any country in the world for 60 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day