At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We’re pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We’re in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
Do you want to help build a world-class institution, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 16 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region 🌎.
About The RoleWe are looking for an enthusiastic Senior IT Engineer who will be responsible for providing technical assistance to our colleagues in the Islamabad office as well as other offices / markets (remotely). You will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware related incidents and help our colleagues with their day to day IT needs. You will work closely with basecamp and work within the IT guidelines / processes and be a custodian of the IT department to deliver a high-quality service.
- Providing 1st to 3rd support to all the IT systems and services provided and used by Careem including the Customer Call Center.
- Log and track all incidents via the ITSM tool (Jira) and follow the incident management process. Working on escalated Incidents from the IT Service Desk and ensuring that Incidents are updated regularly with meaningful updates, quality and troubleshooting steps performed. Ensure that incidents are resolved within the set SLA’s.
- Working on the IT service requests and incidents to help drive down the support queue (remote support).
- Providing support via the central IT Support Slack channel and ensuring that incidents are logged on behalf of the end users.
- Ensure that priority 1 / critical issues are communicated to the IT leadership team and key stakeholders for visibility and awareness.
- Perform daily checks on IT infrastructure and systems to ensure that uptime for network performance, WiFi, Zoom rooms, Business applications, Datacenter etc.
- Support Call Center by providing related technical support, including configure and deliver required hardware devices (laptop, desktop, mifi, headset,,,etc).
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults including replacing damaged parts, ordering new parts when necessary and managing maintenance cycles with vendors.
- Installation of new hardware, software and printers.
- Implementing and assisting on the roll out of new applications and operating systems.
- Preparing new laptops, installation & configuration of computer hardware operating systems and applications as part of the new joiners onboarding processes.
- Working with the People (HR) Team for the leavers (Offboarding) processes, disabling account access, collection of HW devices, revoking application licenses and uninstalling software, and updating the Asset Management tool.
- Coordinate with the local supplier / procurement team for the asset management / tagging and tracking.
- Providing assistance to colleagues with technology-related issues.
- Meeting room support for tele / video conference solutions to minimize disruption to the productivity of meetings. Proactive monitoring to ensure that all meeting rooms are online and in working order.
- Problem Management to ensure that incidents are reviewed for recurring issues and Problems are highlighted. Provide work arounds, perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and document Known Errors.
- Change Management to assess / minimize the impact to production services. Ensure there is communication to the users of any disruption to services.
- Working closely with the Information Security team to ensure IT security policies and best practices are up to date and enforced. Follow the security guidelines in place to protect Careem’s Infrastructure and Assets.
- Enforce IT policies and procedures and act as a custodian of IT to educate users on best practices, protect data, software and hardware to local IT infrastructure.
- Ensure continuous improvement and will be responsible for infrastructure projects. Timely rollout of new applications, new hardware and security releases as instructed by basecamp (Dubai, UAE).
- Keeping up to date with the latest technology changes and industry practices.
- Help in planning in-house or off-site activities, like company and team events, meetups, and conferences.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computing or similar discipline.
- Well experienced, all-rounder IT support / infrastructure engineer with working knowledge of Okta, AirWatch, Google Apps, Slack, Zoom, Meraki WiFi, Apple Mac, Windows, VMWare, and Public / Private cloud technologies.
- IT certifications such as MCSE, CCNA, ITIL
- 1-2 years experience.
- Ability to support on Saturday (shift rotation)
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
- Delivers engaging, informative and well-organized presentations.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Oh, and also, we’re looking for someone who can take ownership and who shoots to the moon and beyond. Is this you? We’re looking forward to seeing your application!
#YallaLetsGo #Careem #BeCareem #ToTheMoon
What we’ll provide you
As a Careem Colleague You Will Be Able To
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this.
- Be part of a Remote-First organisation
- Work from any country in the world for 60 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day