At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We’re pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We’re in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
About The Team
You will have the opportunity to work with a creative and independent team of Careem veterans and newcomers who came together to establish Careem for Business, a premium ride-hailing service for businesses in Pakistan. We are all aligned on the same values of ownership, shooting to the moon and being of service to customers, partners, colleagues and captains.
What You’ll Do
- Strategically identify, qualify and convert new business clients
- Grow an existing portfolio of clients by following your account management process
- Identify upsell opportunities from the existing client base
- Work closely with in house teams such as Product, Finance and Marketing to ensure that client requirements are effectively articulated internally
- Maintain the CRM system to accurately record sales activities, pipeline and progress towards sales targets
- Utilize data to your advantage to assist with meeting and exceeding challenging sales targets
- Ability to penetrate large scale organizations and effectively reach agreement through various stakeholders.
What You’ll Need
- Previous experience in Sales Acquisitions and Management
- Excellent attention to detail, people skills and organization skills.
- Ability to create and maintain relationships
- Strong problem solving skills and comfortable analyzing data
- Demonstrate experience using SalesForce, Tableau, Redash and Microsoft Office for project/program management applications to drive best practice
- You must be a self-starter as we’ll look for you to manage your own time and priorities here.
Where you’ll be
- Even though we are working remotely, we are strong believers in collaboration and the power of building social connections with our teams. For that reason, our offices are still open and provide plenty of collaboration-friendly spaces at times when teams need it or if you need a quiet space to work outside of home.
- You’ll be working in the location you’re hired from. Due to legal and compensation considerations, you will need to be based out of the country you’re hired from as your primary work location.
What we’ll provide you
As a Careem Colleague You Will Be Able To
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this.
- Be part of a Remote-First organisation
- Work from any country in the world for 60 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day