At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We’re pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We’re in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
About The Team
This role is based out of Pakistan and reports to the Creative Lead Manager. You will be part of the Corporate Affairs (CA) team and will be responsible for developing visual concepts to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate Careem’s different stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
You are a visual storyteller with a passion for great design and the ability to achieve it. To be successful in this position, you should be a self-starter, be capable of delivering brilliant creative ideas, and show amazing attention to detail. You will work closely with your designer colleagues on creative ideation and execution. Your primary role is to execute on refreshing, creative collateral for internal and external campaigns and projects.
Examples of tasks include designing the graphic elements for a new product’s or service’s social media campaign or editing and animating videos for internal/external awareness campaigns.
- Creating, editing and delivering motion graphics for both internal and external projects for various media
- Contribute to ideation for campaigns and various creative materials for both internal and external audiences
- Simultaneously execute on multiple design briefs from across Careem’s various business verticals and the Corporate Affairs team
- Work closely with the CA design team to provide mock-ups, storyboards and final executed materials for campaigns
- Editing video footage and adding effects/elements to enhance motion graphics
- Create graphic templates for easy use by other team members and creative teams in Careem’s various business verticals
- Maintain and follow best practices for versioning control, naming convention and organization of graphic files
- Take initiative on projects to over-deliver new and innovative solutions
- Prepare design plan, concept and layout for motion graphic project
- Adhere to brief guidelines in ways that still push creative boundaries
- Have a strong grasp and adhere to our visual identity system, and be able to call out instances where we have failed to do so
- Provide accurate time estimates for each part of the process
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about latest graphic design/motion graphics techniques
What You’ll Need
- Minimum of 2 years in the design industry (agency experience is a plus)
- A strong portfolio of video editing, motion graphics, animation and graphic design projects
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere and AfterEffects programs
- Ability to work with Vector graphics, video editing, motion graphics and sourcing stock imagery and music (subscriptions provided by Careem)
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining high standards and meeting deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work just as easily in a team environment as you can autonomously.
- Ability to provide and receive feedback, and support and sharpen the creative briefs by not being afraid of asking the right questions
- Strong written and verbal skills in English (other languages such as Urdu or Arabic are a plus)
- Having a keen eye for design and aesthetics
- A strong team player who can collaborate effectively with different stakeholders
- A never-ending desire to learn new techniques and technology to advance your craft
Where you’ll be
- Even though we are working remotely, we are strong believers in collaboration and the power of building social connections with our teams. For that reason, our offices are still open and provide plenty of collaboration-friendly spaces at times when teams need it or if you need a quiet space to work outside of home.
- You’ll be working in the location you’re hired from. Due to legal and compensation considerations, you will need to be based out of the country you’re hired from as your primary
What we’ll provide youAs a Careem Colleague You Will Be Able To
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this.
- Be part of a Remote-First organisation
- Work from any country in the world for 60 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day