At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We’re pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We’re in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride- hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires.
Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 100+ cities across 14 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region and hosts over 30 million users.
About The Role
We are looking for someone passionate about automation, tooling, and frameworks to join the Monitoring (Argus) team. You will be part of the team that has the mandate to build infra/app monitoring system/framework and enable all projects across Careem to improve the visibility and we get insight of system events, people can define alerts and get notified in case of any incidence.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Development of our distributed monitoring system to meet the challenging functional, scalability and reliability requirements for our fast-growing business
- Design/Architect solutions with a focus on scalability, testability, and maintainability
- Encourages and supports others to take on responsibility, authority, and
- Coach, and mentor colleagues on an energetic, growing team.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems across our platform
- Build and ship new features and systems, with an emphasis on code quality, maintainability, readability, and testing
- Develop, maintain, and extend a variety of systems, including open-source, ready-made, and in-house applications.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team
- Focus on quality and know what it means to ship high quality code.
- 4+ years of experience in architecture/design, developing, operating and troubleshooting highly available systems at scale
- Experience in building and owning tools for medium to large engineering teams.
- Experience of building systems, dashboards and metrics to facilitate a data-driven approach to problem resolution.
- Expert Knowledge in Developing and debugging in one these Java, P ython, Bash, Go.
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure (AWS preferred)
- Experience with infrastructure automation (Infrastructure as Code)
- Strong Unix or Linux background, including topics around network stack and scripting
- Experience on DevOps topics such as monitoring, CI/CD, security is a plus
- Effective communication and collaboration skills: have the ability to drive and promote technical partnerships across teams
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions; deal with loosely defined problems and fast changing requirements & think abstractly
- Obsession about keeping costs low while building solutions.
- Passionate about learning new technologies and working on a product of massive scale and impact
Nice To Have
- Experience in multi-tiered distributed systems
- Experience with monitoring systems like NewRelic, AppDynamic, Dynatrace, etc.
- Experience on EKL stack and/or Log management.
- Experience with cloud-centric application development and deployment (AWS preferred)
What we’ll provide you
As a Careem Colleague You Will Be Able To
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this.
- Be part of a Remote-First organisation
- Work from any country in the world for 60 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day