At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We’re pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We’re in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
About The Team
Captains form an integral part of Careem and are the key contributors to its success. As Captain Marketing Manager, you are expected to lead, develop and execute an integrated Captain marketing strategy & calendar across all our markets and drive captain acquisition, engagement as well as retention. The role reports to Senior Manager Captain Marketing.
- Please note that this is a global role.
What You’ll Do
- Lead captain marketing strategy – Build the captain marketing function in close coordination with the Ops team, define the strategic pillars, build a value proposition and a brand identity. Determine and manage the supply marketing budget.
- Captain acquisition – Develop and expand methods of captain acquisition (i.e. job board postings, flyer design and distributions, job/community boards). Promote the captain brand and showcasing it to boost captain acquisition.
- Captain engagement and retention – Profiling and segmentation of the captain base to provide personalised and relevant engagement and offers. Conception and organisation of captain events. Improving captain communication experience across all touch points in order to increase engagement.
- Marketing campaigns – Event conception and management; captain stories; monitor, review and report on marketing activities regularly.
- Additional responsibilities:
- Work closely with digital team on various digital targeting strategies and tactics
- Analysis of captain research, current captain persona and competitor information
- Collaborate with local supply teams to ensure initiatives’ relevance
- Tailor value proposition to deliver on captain KPIs
What You’ll Need
- At least 5-7 years working in a marketing role
- Degree qualification in Marketing, Business Administration or similar
- Practical experience in launching campaigns (ATL and BTL) and managing agencies
- Digital marketing experience is essential
- Ability to work in a complex operational environment and manage multiple tasks with tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Ability to strategize and solve problems
- Distinctive operational strategy and implementation skills
Where you’ll be
- Even though we are working remotely, we are strong believers in collaboration and the power of building social connections with our teams. For that reason, our offices are still open and provide plenty of collaboration-friendly spaces at times when teams need it or if you need a quiet space to work outside of home.
- You’ll be working in the location you’re hired from. Due to legal and compensation considerations, you will need to be based out of the country you’re hired from as your primary work location.
What we’ll provide you
As a Careem Colleague You Will Be Able To
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this.
- Be part of a Remote-First organisation
- Work from any country in the world for 60 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day