The Perseus Operating Group, a division of Constellation Software (TSX:CSU), is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Contour office reporting to the Director of Finance. The ideal candidate should be energetic, independent, detail-oriented and possess excellent communication, business, and analytical skills. This individual should be efficient, resourceful, and maintain confidentiality.
- Job Description
The Corporate Finance and Legal teams are searching for a qualified Senior Financial Analyst to support in the overall management of legal invoices and financial analysis. The ideal candidate should be able to accurately maintain a general ledger, gather relevant information for audits, and have a thorough understanding of the intricacies of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, and other financial transactions within an organization. Moreover, the candidate must be able to conduct financial analysis on the company’s corporate and administrative departments while working with the Director of Finance to establish operational metrics and dashboards in collaboration with the business intelligence team. The Senior Financial Analyst should possess excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills, and be efficient, resourceful, and committed to maintaining confidentiality.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for maintaining legal invoice management and providing financial analysis of the overall legal spend of the company. Additionally, the ideal candidate will act as a partner between the Legal and HR teams, which will require effective communication and coordination with Perseus General Counsel and external legal firms. The Senior Financial Analyst will contribute to the development of financial and operational metrics across divisions, including budgeting and reporting on financial outcomes of each metric. They will also contribute to the development of a KPI Leaderboard to analyze the performance of all functional business units. Furthermore, the Senior Financial Analyst will assist both the Corporate Finance and Legal teams with ad-hoc projects as needed and respond to information requests from management.
- The candidate should have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external stakeholders, including law firms.
- The candidate should have strong analytical skills and be able to work with large data sets and present their findings effectively.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills, allowing them to manage multiple priorities while maintaining exceptional attention to detail.
- They should be proactive, eager to contribute and learn, and able to provide solutions. They should maintain a continuous improvement mindset and proactively identify, review, and implement process improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the essential duties and responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in documenting, preparing, and rolling forward the monthly legal analysis.
- Calculate and analyze the monthly accrual process for legal spend.
- Maintain legal invoice management, including invoice coding and submission, and communicating with outside firms on outstanding payables.
- Maintain financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Coordinate with the Legal department on any information requests and assistance on audits.
- Develop financial metrics across divisions with the Business Intelligence team, including budgeting and reporting on financial outcomes of each metric.
- Develop Technological Spend Metrics to determine overall OPEX and to identify and report on areas of cost savings.
- Co-manage the development of the KPI Leaderboard to analyze the performances of all functional business units.
- Analyze information by developing spreadsheet reports and verifying information.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Protect the organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplish the accounting and organizational mission by completing related results as needed.
- Verify account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from account managers, account representatives, vendors, and customers.
- Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, email, and mail.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education And/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business economics, or finance required. 3+ years of accounting and financial reporting experience. Familiarity with accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures. Working knowledge of GAAP.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business processes, technical procedures, or county and state regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, vendors, colleagues, and the general public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains Database software; Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, SAP Concur, Jedox, Microsoft Outlook Internet software; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Office Word Processing software.
Exciting Benefits We Offer
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment