Recognized by Gartner as a “Vendor to Watch, CAKE (a division of Constellation Software Inc.), is a high-growth organization that delivers powerful SaaS-based solutions for advertisers looking to take full advantage of digital marketing opportunities. We leverage bleeding-edge technologies on a global infrastructure to empower our clients with the ability to track and analyze the massive amounts of data generated from multiple channels including search, social, mobile, affiliate, video, and more.
The goal of CAKE is to solidify and grow our client base through the cooperative efforts of employees at all levels. To help us achieve this goal, we promote continuing professional development to serve the needs of our employees and the growth we are building together. By working together, increasing efficiencies, and focusing on quality and profitability, we will prosper in any economic environment.
We are looking for a
Senior Software Developer
who will be responsible for the design, development, and management of the core business processes and data tier of the CAKE platform’s technology stack. This role is an integral part of CAKE’s development team and will work closely with key stakeholders, software architects, and leadership in the Technology and Product groups to ensure optimal database standards, performance, and reliability.
The selected candidate will use the experience with distributed and/or micro-service architectures to implement high-performance, scalable, and stable code in a distributed architecture, alongside a team of other engineers. The code will be deployed into multi-region cloud infrastructure (currently AWS); will be ephemeral in nature; and will be designed with testability, monitoring, and scalability in mind.
Hired candidate will work out of the Contour Software Karachi resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
Ideal candidate would be willing to working during Pacific Standard Time hours (NIGHT SHIFT), but open to rotate to different time slots quarterly, if needed or desired
Primary Responsibilities Include But Not Limited To
- Participate in the development and engineering of highly distributed systems built on cutting-edge technologies.
- Willingly adopt new technologies as the needs of the organization mature and develop.
- Work closely with technical leads and architects to design new systems and maintain existing ones.
- Assist in both relational and NoSQL database design and development within an “always available system.
- Participate in the design and implementation of the business-layer/data pipeline of the platform, using various technologies, such as: goLang, Python, C#, Scala, and/or Java.
- Tackle full feature implementation from inception to deployment, through the entire software stack (from Front-End to Data-layer).
- Write code that is functional, elegant and on schedule.
- Stay current with emerging web technologies and programming best practices and procedures, and help instill that into the culture of CAKE’s engineering team.
- Participate as a full team member in all planning and estimation practices.
- Be an advocate for, and participate in, Agile Development alongside other engineers.
- Hold other team members accountable for quality. (e.g. if software is deemed “code complete but does not meet the requirements, emphasize the need for more or better developer testing.)
- Clearly and promptly communicate any defects, issues, or concerns with software before, during, and after the development process.
- Mentor other engineers of all skill levels in technical areas of expertise.
- Willingly share personal experiences to continually iterate and improve upon corporate development practices.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline.
- Strong object-oriented programming and code reusability concepts.
- 5+ years of enterprise applications development experience.
- Excellent proficiency with a preferred technology (below) will be considered in lieu of goLang, with demonstrated ability to learn goLang basics and grasp goLang concepts.
- Experience with databases, including basic relational database design and writing T-SQL.
- Experience with developing software utilizing Cloud-Computing providers (AWS desired).
- Experienced in related web technology skills.
- Be a puzzle master. Be able to solve the problems thrown at you daily and enjoy it.
- Ability to work both independently and as a productive and helpful team member.
- Skill to manage multiple priorities with limited supervision.
- Accurate documentation skills.
- Ability to work in a timely manner to meet important deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Experience in the following is preferred:
- NoSQL Technologies (Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis, etc.)
- RDS and Redshift DB technologies are nice to have
- MS SQL, MySQL, Postgres
- Distributed computing frameworks (Spark, Hadoop, Storm, Kinesis, Kafka, etc.)
- .NET framework (C#)
- Previous experience in a SaaS environment
- Large/Global server networks/architecture
- Jira or similar project management tools
- FreshDesk, ZenDesk or similar support tools.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment