Founded in 1991, CENTAMAN has been serving the attractions and leisure industries worldwide for over 30 years. CENTAMAN is recognized as a market leader in supplying software systems to the Attractions, Leisure, Tourism, Local Government and Education markets in Australia, North America, and Asia. The CENTAMAN system covers a wide range of applications that include venue and leisure center management, ticketing, booking management, point of sale, and access control. Our clients are diverse and include Leisure Centers, Museums, Zoos, Parks, Aquatic Centers, and Government agencies. CENTAMAN has a dynamic and empowering workplace, comprised of motivated self-starters who enjoy the thrill of working in a fast-paced environment.
CENTAMAN’s parent company, Constellation Software (TSX:CSU) is a publicly-traded international provider of market-leading software and services to several industries across both the public and private sectors. Constellation has over 25,000 employees generating consolidated revenues exceeding US$5 billion.
Additional information on CENTAMAN’s products is available online at www.centaman.com
The team that sells, supports, develops, and services our product is spread across the globe, with 1/3 of the team based at our sister company offices in Karachi, 1/3 of the team based in our company headquarters in downtown Chicago and 1/3 of the team working remotely in Australia and the United States. The offered role will collaborate considerably with the Chicago, Sydney, and Karachi teams.
The chosen individual will work out of the Contour Software
resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
This role is a key member of our technical team, delivering value to our customers, direction to our product, and support for the internal team. This role requires a flexible and eager attitude with a solid knowledge of SQL and curiosity and passion for solving challenges. Reporting to the Manager, Software Development and Delivery, the core responsibilities of the Report Developer position are:
- Review and document current Reporting Suites to finalize the list of standard reports to be included in our Business Intelligence Platform
- Work with Business Analyst, internal team, and customers as needed.
- Develop new reports to enhance and package our existing Enterprise Standard Reporting Suite (built on the Exago BI platform https://insightsoftware.com/exago-bi/)
- Provide training and documentation on reports
- Maintain the master database and reporting solution system
- Solicit and analyze feedback, develop and implement strategies for improvement of reporting tool
- Communicate changes to team and stay up-to-date on third-party reporting tool by attending webinars, etc.
- Work with QA to standardize test cases on Standard Report List
- Optimize queries and reports as needed
- Work with Developers on database-related items, such as updating dictionary / ERP or data imports
Essential Qualifications And Expereinces:
- BS/MS degree in Business, IT, or Computer Science or equivalent qualification or experience
- Microsoft SQL Server qualifications and experience of minimum 2 years
- Experience to work on relational-based reporting tools (experience with Exago BI Platform and/or DevExpress highly regarded)
- Ability to learn and understand the data structure and existing complex schemas
- Ability to write queries, create indexes, views, and stored procedures
- Excellent analytical, technology, organization, communication, presentation, interviewing, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to work with customers in other time-zones
- Ability to identify the best visual charts to display information
- Experience with an Enterprise level Point of Sale or Ticketing software
- Familiarity with web-based product development methodologies and best practices
- Strong understanding of the complete Software Development Life Cycle, specifically Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to consume a vast amount of data and focus on the key information quickly
- Detail-oriented and results-oriented
- Focused on quality and user experience
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Strong business acumen
- Strong ability to follow prescribed development standards and to work as a team player
- Superior organization and time management skills
- Ability to operate under minimal supervision
- The position will be full-time, working remotely (maximum 2 days) and/or from the Karachi Contour office (minimum 3 days).
- You will be required to work at least one late shift per week (2pm-11pm local Karachi time) to facilitate communication with team members and customers within the North American region.
Exciting Benefits We Offer
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment