Ibcos Computers Ltd, a division of Constellation Software Inc., is the UK’s leading provider of Dealership Management Software to the Agricultural, Construction and Ground Care industries. We help Dealers manage all areas of the business operations from parts and service, through sales and finance, with innovative solutions to achieve their business objectives.
We are looking for a passionate Data Analyst. The successful candidate will turn customer and supplier data into information. Data analyst responsibilities include conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities, and design.
The data analyst will work with manufacturers, suppliers, and customers to convert pricing data information using the most effective method. A key part of the role is to build relationships in order to gather information and develop and maintain a process to ensure the pricing data is current, relevant, and can eventually be automated in its delivery to our customers.
The data analyst will work with the development team and customers on data mergers, ensuring data is correctly merged between systems, and that the systems are running smoothly meeting business/customer requirements.
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques, and provide ongoing reports.
- Acquire data from customer system data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Process price lists from manufacturers ensuring that imported data is correct thereby enabling an update on to customers systems.
- Define which price updates may be automated due to simplicity and repetition and progress the automation.
- Work with account managers, and customers on data mergers, ensuring that the tools are in place to merge the data from one system or external produced CSV files into another system.
- Support any test execution associated with data mergers to validate the data.
- Assist development with defect investigation, reproduction steps, and resolution.
- Execute functional and regression test cases, log and manage test plan execution and report on progress.
- Become involved in ad-hoc tasks as required.
Qualifications And Skills Required
– BSc or above in either Mathematics, Economics, or Statistics, or a related discipline.
Experience And Skills Required
– Good working knowledge of the English language
– Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst.
– Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
– Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets e.g. Excel.
– Knowledge of databases including the use of SQL to query and manage data
– Comfortable communicating verbally and in writing across various departments, vendors, and clients
– Technical expertise regarding data models, databases, data mining and segmentation techniques.
Suitable For Someone Who…
Need to be able to communicate concisely and confidently with members of Ibcos and our customer base. Is comfortable dealing with data and spreadsheets and has a keen eye for detail and methodical approach to tasks. Is comfortable working across areas of the business. Attention to detail and able to meet demanding deadlines.
Exciting Benefits We Offer
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment