MAJIQ is a global leader in software for the pulp, paper, and nonwovens industry. MAJIQ’s industry knowledge, implementation track record, and software technology are unparalleled. It takes pride in the well-built and robust technological solutions they bring to their customers, and they excel in providing software R&D, services and support beyond their competitors. MAJIQ is part of the Perseus operating group of Constellation Software Inc., (TSX: CSU). They have become trusted enterprise partners with their customers by delivering quality products and services that help their business become more profitable.
Majiq has an opening for a Technical Writer who is talented, self-directed, and self-motivated. The ideal candidate will also possess strong technical skills and the ability to demonstrate strong verbal and written skills. Majiq’s software is used by some of the biggest companies in the world. The R&D department and its team of Software Developers are leading key projects to modernize their technology and support their expansion into the global market.
Candidates should have good communications skills and have experience working in a team-based environment involving onshore and offshore colleagues. The Technical Writer will maintain, update, and enhance our internal and external-facing documentation. They will provide guidance and direction to our QA teams on our release notes and carrier update emails.
- Creation of new and updates of existing user guides and documents that are technically and functionally accurate and conform to company standards.
- Research and translate technical information into user-oriented information for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Publishing user guides/help files in various formats and maintain available content on customer support website.
- Design, develop, and maintain content delivered in several formats to fit the needs of multiple internal and external users.
- Participate in release planning and design discussion.
- Translate the requirements, in collaboration with the team, into a technical design and other content for the development team to follow.
Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in one or more technical fields, such as software design and engineering; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of experience as an effective technical writer.
- Excellent command of grammar, spelling, and technical writing.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of effective business communication.
- Technical and detailed-oriented.
- Ability to obtain, coordinate, synthesize, and present technical information.
- Ability to understand customer usage and produce content to meet their needs.
- Self-directed and self-motivated.
- Intelligent, creative, and innovative.
- Desire to constantly improve own knowledge, Client new techniques, and reflectively evaluate and improve upon existing materials.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand complex software changes and translate to multiple audiences.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment