- Installation, configuration and upgrading of ORACLE server software and related products
- Migration of existing load to ORACLE databases.
- Establishes and maintains database backups & recovery policies and procedures.
- Creates new database instances and performs database migration within and across the platforms with minimum down time.
- Maintains the existing database design and takes care of new implementations
- Implements and maintains database security (create and maintain users, assign roles and privileges) as per company’s policy
- Performs query optimization, ORACLE database performance evaluation and tuning
- Performs database re-organizations as required to assist performance and
- Ensure maximum up-time of the database
- Performs comprehensive and proactive database monitoring
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards
- Provides technical support to application development teams
- Reviews and assists the impact analysis of any changes made on production databases.
- Works as part of a team and provide 24×7 support
- Troubleshoots and resolves the problems regarding ORACLE databases
- Performs general technical trouble shooting and gives consultation to development teams
- Interfaces with vendors for technical support
- Evaluates new features and products related to ORACLE database
- Should be able to understand existing database systems & working environment.
- Should be able to get familiar with the tools and technologies which are in use to run operations
- Should be able to understand the team processes and procedures used to perform the routine
- Should build the expertise in the tools and technologies which are in use and should be able to complete tasks independently.
- Should be able to understand the business domain knowledge and should be able to troubleshoot production systems to continue/ensure smooth operations
- Should be able to provide the feedback on the existing processes & procedures which are in-existence to improve/optimize overall productivity
- Should be able to fully understand the business domain knowledge and sensitivity/critically of his position as database owner
- Should be able to work independently (or in a team) on complex projects and activities
Should contribute in bring innovations, new ideas and processes/procedures to achieve team/company goals.
Knowledge, Skills And Personal Characteristics
- 12 + years of experience in ORACLE Database Management for large scale workloads on Unix-based (Linux/Solaris) systems
- Extensive Oracle Database architecture, design and operations experience within large-scale high performance and highly secure financial-grade production environments (99.999% &24x7x365 availability).
- Strong knowledge of Unix Operating System internals
- In-depth knowledge of technology and business value models to help business understand the technology transformation value
- Effective and efficient at coaching and mentoring the technical staff through growth to help them increase their abilities to deliver competitive solutions to the customers.
- Knowledgeable and familiar with the industry / vendor roadmaps and IT services standards
- Proven expertise in designing high performance physical database designs
- Overall knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL and analytical SQL
- Strong problem troubleshooting and database monitoring skills
- A good knowledge of Informix & MySQL security management
- Excellent query development
- Good Knowledge and experience in database migration
- Excellent Analytical skills
Should have sound communication skills with management, development teams, vendors, systems administration and other related service providers.
Specific Tools, Technologies Or Equipment Skills
Hands on experience in ORACLE 19c/21c database on Linux/Solaris environments.
BS(CS) Honors or MS(CS)