Grade Level: L3
Last Date to Apply: 13th September 2022
What is Stream Head Financial Operations?Stream Lead Financial Ops primarily responsible for setting up and managing Finance Ops function for Veon Ventures Finance, monitoring costs, and coordinating with OPCOs and group on taxation and accounting matters. The candidate will also be responsible for setting up controls and processes relating to reporting, source to pay, KPIs definitions.
The role reports directly to CFO Veon Ventures
What does Stream Head Financial Operations do?
- Key contact for preparation and management of Ventures standalone and consolidated financial statements.
- Quality checks over financial reporting of ventures OPCO and coordinating with respective entity, Group accounting/ Service operation teams.
- Be our ‘Reporting Guru’ and drive improvements in reporting, controls and adherence to group policies
- Continually seeking to improve productivity and efficiency through the development of processes and controls and maintaining integrity of the GL;
- Manage accruals, support financial closing team in accurate and timely booking of expenses.
- Play a key senior finance stakeholder role and engage with the senior leaders throughout the business to understand and respond to issues relating to business performance and ensure a positive outcome
- Liaising with Group Accounting with respect to conclusion of external audit
- Supports accounting and financial procedures for Venture entities and investments
- Liaising on taxation matters with OPCOs and Group taxation
- Support in Financial and Tax DDs in potential new investments
- Provide support to internal stakeholders in Source to Pay process
- Ensuring compliance with relevant local tax, accounting, auditing, and external reporting requirements
- Manage sourcing, Source to pay cycle, monthly accruals, reconciliations, understanding of the Group policies and procedures etc.
- Providing analysis and strategic insight to senior management on a proactive and as-requested basis
- Continuous improvement of reporting capabilities, increasing the robustness of information, increasing the response times for ad-hoc requests and automatization.
- Work as an internal expert center for all financial accounting, IFRS interpretations, GL, Tax etc. matters within Veon Ventures
- Building and nurturing relationships with key internal and external parties including banks, auditors, advisors etc.
Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.Requirements
What are we looking for and what does it require to be Stream Head Financial Operations?
- Bachelors in Accounting and/or Finance plus ACCA/CA/ACMA/MBA
- PQE: 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Excellent in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Expert in IFRS, accounting, GL etc.
- Excellent numerical skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP.
- Knowledge of Source to Pay Process
- Planning and organizing
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
Why Join Jazz?As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 75 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.