Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS)
Development of indigenous research management solution for OR and to manage routing of research applications through dynamic forms including proposal review process, setting up KPIs for each project, database management, data analytics, and complete project management of every grant.
Lahore University of Management SciencesJob description:Position Purpose:
- Design and develop Web and mobile-based applications using PHP/ORACLE and occasionally PHP/MySQL.
- Design and create data applications and queries for web/mobile applications.
- Follow complete software development life cycle (Planning, Requirements, Design, Build, Document, Test, Deploy, and Maintain).
- Adopt proper MVC framework.
- Read and write software specification documents.
- Write W3C compliant XHTML and CSS.
- Perform administrative, configuration, and coding tasks.
- Write CronJobs and manage the integration of multiple applications.
- Develop and execute test plans.
Knowledge And Skills
- Ability to work with HTML5, SASS and LESS, Bootstrap
- Knowledge of Adobe XD, Illustrator, or Sketch (would be a plus)
- CSS3 Transitions, Web Animations & Responsive Design
- Independent thinker with the ability to devise solutions
- communications skills (Written & Verbal)
- Decision-making abilities
- Time management
- Integrity, accountability, and initiative
- Team player
To Qualify For The Role, You Must Have
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Computer Science/Web Development.
- Experience working with GSAP, WebGL or ThreeJS would be a plus
Term of Contract: 2 Years
If you believe you meet the essential criteria mentioned above, please apply through our recruitment portal. Only qualified candidates will move ahead in the application process.What We Offer:
A Learning Ecosystem
LUMS offers a dynamic work culture that encourages learning and innovation, skills development, and contribution to areas beyond your job role. You will have the opportunity to learn and interact with the best academic minds in Pakistan, as well as to work with highly experienced professionals.
Intellectual FreedomWe believe in the pursuit of knowledge, provide the freedom to explore across different disciplines and value the diverse expression of all community members for mutual learning and advancement.
The LUMS campus offers all the facilities and amenities of a world-class university, including a Sports Complex offering international standard courts for badminton, squash, tennis, basketball and volleyball, a FINA certified 25M swimming pool, and separate gyms for women and men. In addition to the LUMS Dining Center, there is a variety of eateries across campus offering popular cuisines, a breath-taking mosque, a medical center, the LUMS Library, car parking as well as transport facilities for females, and a professionally run Day Care Center for children of community members.
DiscountsLUMS also provides a wide range of corporate discounts and internal educational discounts to its community as a token of each member’s value to our community. Our internal educational discounts include waiver of undergraduate tuition fees of employees’ children studying at LUMS, scholarships for master’s programs in several schools, and executive development programs offered by the nationally recognized Rausing Executive Development Center (REDC).
You will be requested to submit proof of vaccination during advanced stages of the process as Campus entry is restricted to fully vaccinated individuals. During a Covid-19 lockdown, you may be required to work from home, which will require you to create a suitable work environment for yourself (internet connectivity, an environment that supports your productivity at home per your own preferences and working style, setting your own work-hours, etc.).
LUMS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive workplace for all our employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, caste, ethnicity, age, non-disqualifying physical or psychological disability or social status. Candidates belonging to minority groups are encouraged to apply.