Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS)
To manage the activities related to core mandates including Job Placements, Higher Education, Industry & Corporate Linkages, and Students’ Career Counselling.
- Develop a strong relationship with corporate and industrial leaders by bringing them on a common platform to match Industrial requirements with students’ skill sets and explore job & internship opportunities for LUMS students.
- Lead & organize on campus & online confluence, networking sessions of industrial, and corporate leaders, and other activities related to any mandate of the department. The incumbent will be contacting external stakeholders over the phone calls, schedule, and lead meetings, and maintain all the records.
- Participate in alumni reunions and homecoming to network.
- Collaborate with international universities to explore collaborations for the mutual benefit of both universities and student bodies.
- Schedule and participate in meetings with national and international corporate & industrial partners to explore career opportunities for LUMS graduates.
Recruitment Activities, Job & Internship Placements:
- Ensure job placements & internships of undergraduates and graduates within and out of the country with a key focus on placements. Coordination with recruiters and students would be required to achieve the task.
- Plan, lead, and organize on & off-campus recruitment activities and other events, including the Annual Career Fair, networking sessions, recruitment drives, interviews, assessment centers, and focus groups by engaging potential employers from multiple industries & sectors.
- Advise & guide partner employers in their hiring process according to trends and behaviors of university students.
- Liaison with admission offices of International Universities to have an effective advising system regarding scholarships to study abroad.
- Provide guidance and address all queries related to higher education abroad, scholarships offered by international universities, and visa application guidance.
- Organize the Annual Education Fair and other events by engaging top International Universities on campus to provide a networking opportunity to LUMS students who are willing to pursue higher education abroad.
- Manage MoUs between LUMS and other national & international partner universities.
Career Counseling and Guidance:
- Provide one-to-one career guidance to students and conduct combine guidance sessions to help them in exploring and choosing appropriate careers.
- Organize programs and guest speaker sessions to provide career guidance to students.
- Implement modules of professional development for the university students to prepare them for progressive careers including employment, entrepreneurship, and higher education.
- Engage industry & corporate experts for the professional development and coaching of students.
- Plan & lead all CSO-related activities to ensure astute CSO operations and execute all plans to achieve set goals successfully through direct involvement in all operations related to the assigned tasks.
- Contact all stakeholders when and as required to support CSO mandates and achieve targets.
- Ensure quality publications Annual Newsletter, Recruiter’s Guide & Profile Book, and Career Fair Flyers.
- Ensure presence and lead all CSO-related promotional activities.
- Develop and maintain the official website, social media pages, and online portals of the Career Services Office.
- Maintain data related to CSO and its activities.
- Collect, analyze, and report placement data when & as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Command on students’ career counseling, higher education abroad, and job placements
- Excellent command in reporting & analysis
- Visualize the response to unexpected & challenging situations
- Creative skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Social media management skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Proficiency in Research
- Expertise to organize virtual events
- Team Management & leadership skills
- Analytical & problem-solving skills
- Strong inter & intrapersonal skills
- Emotionally composed and Intelligent approach
- Positive attitude towards new tasks and challenges
- Ownership towards helping out team members
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an HEC-recognized institute.
- 3 years of experience in career counseling, higher education, and event management. Experience with student placements and recruitment, or any student-facing work in the education sector would be a plus.
If you believe that you meet the essential criteria mentioned above, please apply through our recruitment portal. Only qualified candidates will move ahead in the application process.
What We Offer:
A Learning Ecosystem
LUMS offers a dynamic work culture that encourages learning and innovation, skills development, and contribution to areas beyond your job role. You will have the opportunity to learn and interact with the best academic minds in Pakistan, as well as to work with highly experienced professionals.
We believe in the pursuit of knowledge, provide the freedom to explore across different disciplines and value the diverse expression of all community members for mutual learning and advancement.
LUMS offers competitive benefits to its academic and professional colleagues including Provident Fund, Group Life Insurance, EOBI for Pension Scheme, Outpatient medical coverage for self and family, and In-patient Health Insurance for self, spouse, and dependent children.
The LUMS campus offers all the facilities and amenities of a world-class university, including a Sports Complex offering international standard courts for badminton, squash, tennis, basketball and volleyball, a FINA certified 25M swimming pool, and separate gyms for women and men. In addition to the LUMS Dining Center, there is a variety of eateries across campus offering popular cuisines, a breath-taking mosque, a medical center, the LUMS Library, car parking as well as transport facilities for females, and a professionally run Day Care Center for children of community members.
LUMS also provides a wide range of corporate discounts and internal educational discounts to its community as a token of each member’s value to our community. Our internal educational discounts include waiver of undergraduate tuition fees of employees’ children studying at LUMS, scholarships for master’s programs in several schools, and executive development programs offered by the nationally recognized Rausing Executive Development Center (REDC).
You will be requested to submit proof of vaccination during advanced stages of the process as Campus entry is restricted to fully vaccinated individuals. During a Covid-19 lockdown, you may be required to work from home, which will require you to create a suitable work environment for yourself (internet connectivity, an environment that supports your productivity at home per your own preferences and working style, setting your own work-hours, etc.).
LUMS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive workplace for all our employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, caste, ethnicity, age, non-disqualifying physical or psychological disability or social status. Candidates belonging to minority groups are encouraged to apply.