Plant Production Operations
- Drive manufacturing culture and ensure employees’ safety.
- Responsible for achieving and/or exceeding critical manufacturing operations metrics (e.g. PC Basic & Net Efficiency, Oil Efficiency, Seasoning Efficiency, Corn Efficiency, Film Efficiency) while ensuring inventory coverage and tactical execution of business objectives with cross-functional teams
- Manage plant operations including execution of build plans and maintaining adequate line capacity with ability to resolve and prevent diverse issues while meeting cost and quality targets
- Ensure compliance to all Quality & Food Safety System in place including PepsiCo, AIB, IPS, & FSSC 22000 standards requirements & all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Negotiate solutions with cross-functional groups (e.g., Quality, Sustainability, and Engineering) for continuous improvement
- Manage manufacturing project activities (e.g., initiatives and plant projects) with the accountability for successful completion of all deliverables to the business within established schedule, scope and quality objectives.
- Identify risk, develop mitigation strategies, alternative solutions, resolve issues, action item follow up, etc. in collaboration with cross functional groups
- Ensure compliance to PepsiCo Control process of Inventory to cost.
- Lead & execute PepsiCo snacks IPS standard.
Recruitment & Induction:
- Identify the needs and develop a strategy in partnership with Plant HR team for competency-based recruitment and selection of right candidates. (Level A,B,C,D & Level 1-6 )
Capability & Talent Development:
- Identification and collaboration with Sector & BU SC Capability team with the planning and execution of the department training strategy at all levels.
- Strengthen the bench quality and depth in the functions and prepare a strong talent feeder pipeline
- Robust People Planning at all levels
- Focus on the leadership development of Front-Line team within the department and prepare leaders for tomorrow through PepsiCo leadership growth model philosophy
- Leveraging SWAP to grow and other tools for continuous people development
- Manage communication plan ensuring optimal engagement and two-way communication
- Ensuring effective change management down the line
- Custodian of the Production (Largest Population) Org health of Sundar Plant.
- Develop and maintain positive employee relations and develop innovative solutions to create strong employee engagement.
- Acts as a credible advocate for PepsiCo values & new ways of working.
- Responsible for implementing ER Strategy in close coordination with National ER/IR manager while maintaining sound Employee Relations across organization and especially Industrial peace at Plant.
Work closely with the HR Operations team to monitor trends in employment practices, recommend ER interventions.
Bachelor of Engineering / Food Technologist
Preferably 8-10 years in similar capacity/operating organization with ER/IR exposure.