(relevant for internal applicants only)
Pakistan, India, or The Phillippines
The Data Transformation team is responsible for driving key automation projects, machine learning based solutions and lean initiatives across S&P Global Market Intelligence.
As custodians of the transformation strategy for the Chief Data Office, we are responsible for creating, planning, and delivering transformational projects for the company using state of the art technologies and data science methods, developed either in house or in partnership with vendors.
We are transforming the way we are collecting the essential intelligence our clients need to do decision with conviction, delivering it faster and at scale while maintaining the highest quality standards.
- The Data Transformation team has already delivered breakthrough products and significant business value over the last 3 years.
In this role you will be developing our next generation of content systems aiming at solving high-impact business problems by leveraging latest web and cloud technologies.
Whatâ€™s In It For You
- You will be part of a dynamic team that solves diverse problems using applied machine learning and web development with an end-to-end implementation of the solution: inception, prototyping, development, and productionizing.
- You will have a high level of autonomy in your work.
- Skill building and innovation opportunities in a safe place to experiment without the fear of failure.
You will have the opportunity to work with a variety of stakeholders across the data, product, and technology organizations at SPGMI and cross divisionally.
- Perform analysis and articulate the right solutions for different types of problems.
- Contribute to all the phases of the development lifecycle.
- Write scalable and efficient code.
- Design, implement and maintain Java web-based software components for content systems.
Design and build high performance microservices.
What Weâ€™re Looking For
- Anâ€¯independentâ€¯person who isâ€¯innovative, adaptable, creative, and detailed-oriented with high energy and a positive attitude.
- Good knowledge of Python & Java 8
- Solid experience in Java web development.
- Good Design pattern concepts
- Good basic concepts in data structures & algorithms.
- Analytical mind with problem solving capabilities
- Resumes should also reflect that person has recently done good hands-on role in designing/implementation of some modules
- Good exposure in web scraping techniques and ability to apply it at larger scale.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with the key stakeholders to work towards generating the value for the organization
- Demonstrable personal interest in data science andâ€¯machine learningâ€¯(personal projects, Kaggle notebook/medals,â€¯Githubâ€¯repos).
Ability to work in a cross functional, multi geographic teams displaying cultural sensitivity andâ€¯championing diversity & inclusion
- Bachelorâ€™s in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with TypeScript is a big plus.
- Experience with Vaadin & Spring framework is a big plus.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS is a big plus.
- Experience designing and owning web based solutions end to end.
- Familiarity with AWS services or experience working in other cloud computing environments.
- Experience with MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL and NoSQL databases (Redis, MongoDB).
Experience with automated unit testing frameworks.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is importantâ€”some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster
describes discrimination protections under federal law.
DTMGOP202.2 – Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group)