Working in an extraordinary hybrid team of Scopists and Editors, you will strive to craft transcripts of corporate earnings calls, company conference presentations, shareholder meetings, merger/acquisition announcements and investor days that meets or exceeds our quality and timeliness benchmarks.
This position is based in Islamabad, Pakistan.
You are going to be working with a team that transcribes financial-related conference calls and assist in gathering business information and deliver real-time essential data to clients. You’ll be joining a dynamic team of 250+ counterparts in global locations with countless opportunities to learn transferable skills & knowledge.
Being a part of the team that is constantly evolving, especially with the onset of automated speech recognition software, getting to learn new skills and being cross-trained to different roles (depending upon business requirements) is definitely an exciting opportunity as you will become integrated in a unique team which aims to revolutionize how transcripts are produced and delivered worldwide.
Whatâ€™s in it for you?
- This opportunity will provide you first-hand knowledge and information on the fast-paced financial world, as you get to listen to earnings calls, investor days and company conference calls live as they are taking place.
- You will also be provided opportunities to hone your existing as well as learn new skills to contribute more towards the department or company. Using these skills, you may be able to advance your career to a more tech-oriented role or a people management role.
- You will get to use state-of-the-art speech recognition technologies and cutting edge enterprise-level tools
S&P encourages and assists its employees to explore new opportunities within the company that aligns more with their skill or interest
The primary responsibility of this role essentially lies in building publication-quality transcripts with high speed, multi-speakers and calls involving specialized terminology. In addition to transcriptions, the team will assist in the collection of other Business Information â€“ private company profiles.
- Each role is dependent on the other and should be coordinated precisely with the other team members in production of output
- You might be required to perform in either the role of a Scopist or Editor using real-time automated speech recognition technology and computer-aided transcription software to produce final output within set guidelines
- You may be asked to proof and/or edit work performed by other Editors or Scopists in order to meet quality control guidelines
- You will be collaborating with peers and Team Leaders to continuously improve the Transcriptions workflow process
You shall be gathering relevant business information as required by S&P Global
What Weâ€™re Looking For:
- A â€˜Touch-typistâ€™ with typing speed of 50 words per minute and above (please check your typing speed at www.typingtest.com and mention in your application/resume)
- Excellent writing and listening skills in English
- Excellent hand-eye and auditory coordination along with the ability to multitask
- Ability to concentrate, focus and deliver consistently in time in an energizing environment
At least a Bachelor’s/College Degree is preferable (no studies in progress)
- Prior experience of working in a Transcriptions team is preferable
- Familiarity with financial markets and business organizational vocabulary is an asset
General knowledge/know-how of current affairs will definitely help in editing transcripts with context, leading to greater accuracy and precision
Primarily a morning shift job, however you will be expected to work in either the evening or evening shift depending on business requirements.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence
, we know that not all information is importantâ€”some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit: www.spglobal.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a personâ€™s ability to perform his or her job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster
describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 – Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), DTMGOP203 – Entry Professional (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority â€“ Ratings – (Strategic Workforce Planning)