The Quality Engineering team works in partnership with other Technology Functions and the Business to ensure quality delivery of our products. The team works in an Agile environment and is located globally. The team is independent in driving all decisions and is responsible for continuously improving customer experience, revenue growth and operations enablement through quick turn-around of development of our products with high quality.
As a QE in Test, you will make a key contribution in building solutions to test applications across Web/ /Mobile/API/Services and framing efficient data comparison methods. Your challenge will be reducing the â€œtime to marketâ€ for products without compromising quality, by using automation and innovation. You will use a wide range of technologies and have the opportunity to interact with different internal teams.
Whatâ€™s In It For You
- Working with a team of highly skilled, ambitious, and result-oriented professionals.
- Using a wide range of cutting-edge technology to innovate while testing. An ever-challenging environment to hone your existing skills in Automation, performance, service layer testing, SQL scripting etc.
- A great opportunity to think and execute like a developer while performing the role of QA. Being a part of an organization which values â€˜Culture of Urgencyâ€™ and â€˜Shift Leftâ€™ approaches.
- A plenty of skill building, knowledge sharing, and innovation opportunities.
Building a fulfilling career with a global financial technology company.
- Design and develop automation/performance solutions that meet organization standards and build reliable, reusable, and maintainable automated regression suites & test harnesses
- Use tools and frameworks to build automation/performance scripts with quality code to simplify testing scenarios
- Design and develop test plans, test cases based upon functional and design specifications, execute test cases, and analyze and report test results to the teams
- Work in partnership with the development teams to deliver business functionality on time with required quality that meets the acceptance criteria
- Acts as a test lead, planning the work of other testing staff and assigning tasks to meet project deadlines.
- Uses strong testing skills to provide guidance and assist project staff
- Reviews and approves the work of project team members in the writing of scripts, expected results, test results and defect descriptions. Ensures standard methodologies are followed and testing activities stay on schedule.
- Focus on building efficient solutions for Web, Services/APIs, Database testing requirements. Participate in internal/cross team meetings, project scoping, functional reviews, test specifications, technical reviews for assigned projects in an Agile environment
- Involved in requirements review and participate in architecture/design reviews with an emphasis on test automation/performance strategy and ensuring best practices.
- Participate actively in functional, system and regression testing activities
- Gather quality assurance data and metrics to provide insights and conclusions
Estimate and perform risk analysis for quality delivery
What Weâ€™re Looking For
- Experience in performance testing tools like HP LoadRunner/Performance Center/Storm Runner, JMeter is a plus
- Experience in advising team to identify automatable test cases at different layers (UI, Services and Data layer tests). Ability to working with developers to build automation/performance friendly code is highly desirable
- Experience in refactoring and extending test automation/performance frameworks and suites as necessary
- Experience of working with SOAP and REST service and understanding of SOA architecture
- Exposure to distributed source control systems such as Git Experience of working with SQL/PL-SQL, writing SQL queries, stored procedures, and RDBMS
- Exposure of Behavior Driven Development (BDD) practices and experience in Agile methodology is highly desirable.
- Experience of testing in CI, DevOps, rolling deployment/upgrade model and is a plus
- Experience with Test Data Management and mapping automated test code coverage Experience in developing Test Plans and Test Cases, engage in Exploratory Testing, creating, and maintaining Defect Reports.
- Experience of working with JIRA would be a plus
- Demonstrate ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong communication skills and ability to produce clear, concise, and detailed documentation
Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills bachelorâ€™s or higher qualification in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent is preferred
Return to Work:
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return-to-Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
: Islamabad, Gurgaon
About Company Statement
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the worldâ€™s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, youâ€™ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster
describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 – Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 – Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group)