The Role â€“
Job Description Summary
Tableau Developers interact with our business users, to uncover the â€œWhyâ€ for the analysis. They will know how to manage small to large projects and mentor Tableau users.
This job involves tasks such as creating Tableau dashboard reports, working with developers, creating business intelligence reports and visualizations, and attending feedback sessions to improve reporting structure.
- Partner with business stakeholders to define their business intelligence needs and develop solutions for delivering against them
- Design, build, maintain, and optimize data visualizations and other self-service tools to provide actionable insights that enhance business decision making
- Set up tools and processes for effective data management.
- Lead the development of business and functional requirements for reports, ensuring the maintenance of effective working relationships with business departments
- Design, develop, test, and implement reports as necessary to fulfill business requirements
- Assist users with reporting and analysis activities and ad hoc reporting
- Support user training, testing, documentation, and roll-out of reports
- Shape best practices in visualization to deliver an excellent end-user experience
- Leverage a full range of Tableau platform technologies to design and implement production-ready solutions and create advanced BI visualizations.
- Partner with enterprise data architects to define data requirements of business intelligence visualizations and tools
- Develop and provides documentation, training, and support for clients.
- Champion utilization of business intelligence technology across functional roles throughout the organization
- Manage a portfolio of business intelligence projects to ensure delivery
Perform data analysis and identify business trends that can be turned into actionable insights
- 4+ years working with Tableau Software; up to date on the latest version and product capabilities, familiar with Tableau’s API.
- 4+ yearsâ€™ experience in integrating data visualization tools successfully with Big data ecosystem
- Strong spirit of innovation, self-starter, independent, and with the ability to come up with solutions to meet business problems
- Strong desire to learn new things and pass knowledge acquired onto others
- Experience in implementation of end-to-end BI life-cycle projects including dimensional modeling, ETL/integration processes, and metadata modeling
- Must have experience in Agile reports delivery methodology
- Must have a deep understanding of data warehouse processes, dimensional modeling (star schema and snowflake schema), and ETL/Integration
- Keen attention to detail with deep quantitative and analytical skills and demonstrated capacity to solve problems and enhance reporting
- Strong relationship skills and ability to build alignment among customers and key stakeholders with demonstrated experience influencing without authority
- Self-starter with the ability to solve ambiguous/ open-ended business challenges
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, highly dynamic atmosphere and react quickly to changes and shifting priorities.
Data interfaces such as Web Services, REST API, and XML
- 4/5 + years of business intelligence experience.
Bachelorâ€™s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
Flexible Working (optional)
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the worldâ€™s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, youâ€™ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster
describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 – Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), OPRTON202.1 – Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group)