The Citizens Foundation
The Curriculum Development Specialist is expected to work on the design and development of bilingual teaching and learning material such as Math and Science textbooks, workbooks, teacherâ€™s guides and other resource materials for TCF schools, which are part of MTB MLE (Mother Tongue Based Multilingual Education) program. This includes adapting chapters and lesson plans according to the modified framework of language transition from familiar medium of instruction (MOI) to unfamiliar. The MOI of the resources will be Sindhi with increasing use of English as grades progress.
- Develop a set of quality, engaging, student-centric resources for Math and Science in Sindhi and English, drawing upon proven instructional approaches from international contexts and best practices from the local context; which includes modifying chapters, lesson plans and other resources according to language transition framework.
- Work closely with the Graphic designers in determining an overarching theme to the books
Collaborate with multiple departments on a range of projects related to the development of curriculum, student learning outcomes, testing and similar activities
- Knowledge and/or experience of Math and Science instruction approaches
- Strong communication skills in Sindhi, Urdu and English
- Ability to plan and organize activities within strict timelines
- Ability to read and critically analyze data and situations
- Ability to research and collate information
- Strong advisor/partnering skills to work effectively with designers and program developers
- Passion to stay current on educational content and teaching methods
- Expertise of Microsoft Office
Comfortable with learning how to type in Sindhi and Urdu
Preferably 2-3 years in teaching, training or curriculum development