The Citizens Foundation
The incumbent will spearhead the development, design and execution of a comprehensive training programme for the 12,000+ school faculty and other education practitioners which caters to the varying needs of the staff across all formal schools (flagship as well as partnership schools) by drawing on research of best training practices and adapting them to TCFâ€™s context. This includes determining modes and frequency of professional development at different centers [schools, area, region, head office]; further differentiating support for teachers, school leaders, and field management teams. The incumbent will also develop mechanisms for training needs analysis, design corresponding content for training, and deliver the training / prepare trainers to deliver according to the scale of activity.
- Develop/review the professional development strategy/roadmap for different cohorts of individuals based on: medium of delivery, subject expertise, tenure, performance, position and roll out of new programmes
- Lead the design / re-design and provide relevant support to the execution TCFâ€™s core training programmes: PRESET and summer INSET of teachers and principals.
- Design and develop quality training materials and resources to serve varying needs of the target population
- Explore and/or pilot various training delivery options (virtual, cascade, direct) which can be applicable to TCFâ€™s school network
- Explore the various possibilities and define technologyâ€™s role in delivering effective training and other professional development workshops to TCF faculty
- Develop, design and execute a Community of Practice framework for teachers and principals
- Build capacity of team to become effective trainers and design thinkers
- Foster positive relationships with other work stream leads to bring coherence and purpose to the overall PD programming
- Oversee the development and execution of teacher competency assessments like Teacher Content Knowledge testing
- Collaborate with relevant departments on design, execution, implementation and evaluation of training programmes
- Provide support on other relevant projects within TCF as and when the need arises
- Proficiency in using computer (MS Office, Internet etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English & Urdu
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Project Management and Team Management skills
- Adept at Design Thinking
- Ability to elucidate thoughts and ideas in clear and concise terms
- Knowledge of teaching practices
- Passion to work with under-served communities
Masterâ€™s in Education preferred
5+ years of relevant experience. Candidates with experience in teaching or professional development preferred.