Our Open Mind Trainee Program is especially designed to include people with disability (PWDs) at the workplace in order to enhance their employability through skill development, mentoring and comprehensive on-the-job training.
About The Program
Employment Type: This is a full-time position.
Grade: This is a contractual position, starting with 4-month apprenticeship and then a prospective 8-month traineeship extension (based on performance) at Telenor Pakistan.
Location: This role is based in Islamabad, Pakistan.
Nature of Job: It’s a desk job following Hybrid Model (both on-site & remote).
Benefits: Pick & Drop Facility along with other standard benefits that apply to a contractual position.
Eligibility: All PWDs with physical disabilities, visual, hearing or speech impairments. Kindly attach your Disability certificate/special CNIC while applying along with your CV otherwise your application will not be considered.The Role
We are looking for an individual who has good understanding of full software development life cycle, database development and has great passion to collaborate with its team to work on required/suggested technological advancements.
Your Impactful Goals Will Include
- Design and build advanced applications include frontend and backend applications
- Database development and migrations
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define & design new features.
- Work with outside data sources and API’s.
- Unit-test code for robustness; including edge cases, usability and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discovering, evaluating and implementing new technologies to maximize development efficiencies.
How Will Your Typical Day Look Like
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, maintain efficiency, reusable and reliable C# code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks, bugs and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality and organization
- Data Interpretation and Quantitative skills
- Process oriented approach towards problem solving
- Database Development
- Database Performance measurement/tuning
- Database backup and recovery
Your Career Path
Software Development Executive/Specialist
Dev Ops Executive/Specialist
Data Analytics Executive/Specialist
Business Analysis Executive/Specialist
What We’re Looking For
Education: Graduate of a reputed institute, preferably BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related subject
Functional Skills/Knowledge Areas
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- A good experience of .Net Platform
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server/Oracle
- A good understanding of Java language – preferably with respect to web and application development
- Good understanding of XML.
- Able to integrate different system API’s with user based application. Should have a grip on android/ web API’s
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Develop reporting requirements for new products and monitor progress
Why should you join us at Telenor?
At Telenor Pakistan, we provide you the platform to work in a challenging and rewarding environment to become a skilled professional in your chosen field of interest. As one of the top employers of the country, we enable you to realize your dreams in a collaborative environment of diversity and openness to new mindsets.
As an equal employment opportunity provider, Telenor Pakistan makes all decisions of employment purely based on merit irrespective of race, caste, gender, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability.