Telenor Microfinance Bank Limited
Telenor Bank and Easypaisa are at the forefront of revolutionising Fintech in Pakistan by delivering innovative, cutting-edge technology solutions. Over the years we have evolved to become the most used digital payments platform.
Backed by the largest Fintech in the world, Ant Group (affiliate company of Alibaba Group), and one of the leading multinational, Telenor Group. We aim to promote financial inclusion by empowering all Pakistanis to adapt convenient and secure digital financial solutions.
This position is responsible for leading and directing overall functions of Finance which includes Financial Planning, Budgeting, Controls, Treasury, and Sourcing of the company.
The incumbent is responsible for leading all financial functions ascertaining they meet the bank’s business objectives in accordance with accounting principles and regulations. Additionally, the incumbent is responsible to lead and direct the preparation of all financial and management reports along with comprehensive Sourcing mechanism, ensure function is developed and aligned with group standards as well as formulating, implementing and monitoring of overall financial strategies which are aligned with bank objectives.
- Lead and direct the financial planning, budgeting, sourcing and investment activities of the bank.
- Analyse financial details of past, present, and expected operations to identify development opportunities and areas of improvement if needed.
- Provide expert advice on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions.
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the bank’s operations as well as review and approve current and forecasting reports.
- Ensure monitoring of all financial activities so that all legal and regulatory requirements are met.
- Develop and maintain functional policies as well as recommend comprehensive strategies to manage funding and liquidity in an efficient manner.
- Establish and maintain relationship with financial institutions to raise the liquidity.
- Lead efficient management of balance sheet, working capital, capitalisation structure, cash flow & delivery of financial objectives.
- Collaborate with internal and external regulatory bodies for managing audits as planned by the board.
- Lead business strategy by developing and aligning strategic planning, annual operating plan, forecasting and capital planning process.
- Ensure that treasury activities are performed in consonance with SBP regulations and within management parameters such as reducing bank’s cost of funds (COF) and increasing its return on investment.
- Provide valuable input on investments, capital expenditure, mergers, as well as other relevant areas and ascertain its financial viability.
- Ensure organisation wide change management in the complete operation of the Sourcing Management teams, system and processes that are aimed at achieving cost and operational efficiencies.
- Carry out any other task assigned by Chief Executive Officer.
- Incumbent shall be responsible to adhere by Telenor Microfinance Bank Behaviors & Values in all aspects of his/her work conduct.
- Ensure that a culture of risk and compliance management is implemented, and institute performance measures tied to individual risk and compliance responsibilities.
- Chartered Accountant
- Overall 12 + years of experience with at least 6-8 years of relevant experience
- Tax regulations
- Financial Modelling
- Information Management
- Treasury Management
- Funds Management and Analysis
- Knowledge of Corporate Law
- Leadership and Decision Making Skills
- People Management
- Building Collaborative Relationships and Teams
- Analytical and Strategic Thinking
Karachi or Islamabad