A U.S.-based company that is developing an innovative platform to help students seek personalized learning solutions from a team of teaching professionals, is looking for a Front-End React Engineer. The selected candidate will be closely collaborating with other engineers, product management, and design team members to build experiences that matter to customers. The platform offers students individualized coaching, real-time classrooms for additional learning and improvement, interactive learning resources, and solutions for adaptive assessment. The company has managed to successfully secure more than $105mn during their Series C round of funding.
- Construct top-notch front-end experiences using React
- Participate in the development of a developing services-oriented architecture hosted on AWS with a full CI/CD software lifecycle
- Develop effective, maintainable, well-documented code that is simple to read.
- Create automated tests to confirm the accuracy of code in-depth.
- Maintain and deploy extensive web applications
- Focus on quality and use iterative processes to progress from good to excellent.
- Participate in the on-call rotation for your team, and take responsibility for code from development to deployment and operations
- Prepare yourself to learn from some of the sharpest minds in the field
- Develop code and actively participate in discussions on how to create the solutions and systems that matter to clients
- Bachelorâ€™s/Masterâ€™s degree in Engineering, Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience as a front-end engineer
- Prolific experience working with React
- Extensive knowledge of CI/CD and AWS
- Exceptional experience with Ruby on Rails or similar web frameworks like Django
- Demonstrable experience with highly concurrent languages like GoLang, Java, or Scala
- Extensive experience with deployment systems like CodeShip and AWS CodeDeploy
- Familiarity with AWS Services like RDS, Kinesis, Lambda, EC2, etc
- In-depth knowledge of the Linux Operating System and command-line tools
- Strong understanding of relevant OO design, algorithms, and data structures
- Prior experience implementing e-commerce solutions is desirable
- Ability to pick up new languages and technologies rapidly when needed
- Nice to have some prior back-end experience
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced team
- Fluent in spoken and written English communication