A U.S.-based company that has successfully managed to develop a popular online content-sharing platform is looking for a Backend Engineer. The selected candidate will be responsible for building the next generation of ad products using back-end technologies. The company is enabling platform users to form and join communities of like-minded individuals and hold discussions, share knowledge and build connections with users across the globe. The company has managed to secure close to $1bn in funding so far. This position requires a 4 hours overlap with the PST time zone.
- Be part of a product engineering team thatâ€™s building new and exciting promoted experiences.
- Collaborate closely with the platform and data teams while building new features.
- Partner with frontend and mobile teams to build cohesive product flows.
- Contribute to the full development cycle: technical design, development, testing, experimentation, analysis, and launch.
- Review code and design docs, and giving feedback on product specs and mocks.
- Create engaging user experiences by collaborating with product managers and designers
- Promote and advance engineering methods and best practices
- Bachelorâ€™s/Masterâ€™s degree in Engineering, Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- At least 3+ years of experience working with Python and 1+ years with Go.
- Must have proficiency in working with technologies like Python and Go
- Previous shopping and Video experience would be an added advantage
- Fluency in English and excellent communication skills to collaborate with engineering managers and other stakeholders