A rapidly-growing U.S.-based company that is developing a cutting-edge sports management platform to simplify communication and coordination between sports members is looking for a Full Stack Product Engineer. The selected candidate will be responsible for improving the web experience of the platform user. The company assists sports coaches, administrators, players, and parents to keep a track of rosters, schedules, games, availability, and statistics, and make payments, enabling users to play seamlessly and focus on their game. The company has raised $50M0+ in funding so far.
- Designing the front-end architecture of a website.
- Creating web pages that interact with users.
- Developing back-end applications for websites.
- Creating servers and databases for functionality.
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones & responsiveness of applications.
- Working alongside graphic designers for web design features.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Bachelorâ€™s/Masterâ€™s degree in Engineering, Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- At least 3+ years of relevant experience working across the stack, ie: frontend and backend development
- 2+ years proficiency in Ruby, i.e. developing APIs and Services with Rails
- Ability to jump in to debug and fix problems that may span a number of systems
- Comfort with CLI – git, docker and the unix (Linux or Mac) command line
- Proficiency with version control practices and tools such as Git, Github
- Experience writing unit and integration level tests; mocking proficiency
- Willingness to learn & work in other languages within our stack – Ruby, Elixir, Typescript
- Excellent English communication skills
- Experience with Agile methodologies, Hooks and Component Lifecycle in React, and general web application and API/services landscape, UI/UX, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies is good to have.