A U.S.-based company that is developing a factory operating system to help manufacturers achieve speedy and visible results collaboratively, is looking for a Senior Front-End Engineer. The engineer will be responsible for enhancing the component performance across all browsers and devices. The company is enabling businesses to connect their teams, machines, and processes with the help of their next-gen software solutions. The company has managed to successfully secure $19mn+ during their Series A round of funding. This position requires a significant overlap with the PST time zone and will be a full-time role.
- Build high-quality code from product specs, drawings, and wireframes
- Create GraphQL mutations and queries that have undergone testing to reveal the underlying data models
- Perform code reviews and participate in brainstorming sessions
- Provide documentation for software architecture, industry standards, common patterns, etc.
- Clarify, block, and deal with the product and engineering requirements to guide developers.
- Utilize cutting-edge real-time and performance technologies to preserve a high-quality UX
- Bachelorâ€™s/Masterâ€™s degree in Engineering, Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience as a front-end engineer
- Extensive experience developing and utilizing GraphQL APIs
- Strong working knowledge of React and its core principles along with popular state management workflows
- Experience with unit testing and integration test frameworks like Jest and Cypress
- Solid understanding of modern front-end to help build pipelines and tools like Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Demonstrable experience with Relational Databases and Object Relational Mapping libraries like PostgreSQL and SQLAlchemy
- Experience with version control tools like Git/GitHub
- Strong knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms like JSON Web Token (JWT)
- Some familiarity with Apollo Client is desirable
- Nice to have prior experience leading technical teams and working with production-grade software systems used by others
- Experience working with product design and UI/UX experts is preferred
- Extensive experience building enterprise applications is desirable
- Prior experience with Agile development methodologies and tools is nice to have
- Excellent English communication skills, both spoken and written