A U.S.-based company developing a social networking platform that provides adult entertainment content across TV, magazines, and videos is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer. The engineer will be responsible for deploying and configuring web applications that are highly scalable and reliable. The company is igniting passion, joy, and excitement among the younger generations. It has managed to secure more than $550 mn in funding so far. This position requires 6-8+ hours of overlap with the PST time zone.
- Configure, secure, and maintain large Kubernetes clusters and third-party engines such as caches, databases, message buses, load balancers, etc.
- Establish and maintain processes that enable CI/CD for the companyâ€™s software
- Deploy web applications to Kubernetes with minimal disruptions
- Create dashboards and KPIs that provide visibility into the continuous delivery flow for all stakeholders
- Establish and maintain monitoring/alerting processes and tools to detect, notify, and respond to any service disruptions
- Educate team members on the CI/CD tools and processes, and help them evolve software components that conform to the continuous delivery flow
- Collaborate with members of agile teams to design and automate software deployment and configuration as part of a sprint cycle
- Design and implement automated deployment flows from Dev to QA/Integration to production
- Install and configure environments for cross-team deployments, and oversee handover to operational teams
- Propose industry best practices/standards
- Troubleshoot critical production issues that occur outside of the regular release cycle
- Analyze production errors to define and create tools that mitigate problems in the system design stage
- Bachelorâ€™s/Masterâ€™s degree in Engineering, Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- A minimum of 5+ years of hands-on experience developing CI/CD flows and scripts
- In-depth knowledge of deployment containers and orchestration tools, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Prolific knowledge of code deployment and infrastructure management tools, such as Chef, Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- Expert knowledge of automation execution tools such as Jenkins, GitLab, Bamboo, etc.
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Analytical and problem-solving skills applied to software build automation
- Familiarity with an agile development process
- Comfortable with adult content and must be at least 21 years old or older
- Hands-on experience in delivering CI/CD as part of an agile scrum/Kanban team
- Demonstrable experience in delivering CI/CD for a large web application software product
- Hands-on experience in building and managing large-scale Kubernetes clusters
- Comfortable working independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with a positive attitude and flexible
- Fluent in verbal and written English