Work Location: Khanewal Tea Factory
Job Title: Manufacturing Manager – KWL
Job Type: Full-time
Travel required: Frequent
Unilever is proud of its tea business ekaterra, the biggest in the world, with world class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka. eka stands for unity and one purpose while terra stands for earth and nature. As ekaterra we are united in one purpose: growing a world of wellbeing through the regenerative power of plants. Recently Unilever announced that it had agreed to sell ekaterra to CVC Capital Partners Fund VIII.
Present in more than 100 countries, ekaterra generated revenues of €2 billion in 2019. With 11 production factories in four continents and tea growing estates in three countries, ekaterra is a profitable and growing business offering a world of wellbeing with the regenerative power of plants to hundreds of millions of consumers. As a standalone entity, ekaterra is even better positioned to lead the industry with dedicated focus driving greater growth and value.
Under CVC’s ownership, ekaterra has an exciting future ahead with opportunities for increased investments in our brands, our people and our capabilities. Combining the strength and scale of its global iconic brands with speed and agility, ekaterra is brewing a ‘corporate start-up’ mindset that’s opening-up new opportunities to flourish every day – both for its business, and its people.
At ekaterra, we work alongside people who put consumer love at the heart of every decision. Diverse minds who celebrate new ideas, share our values and the commitment we have for the wellbeing of all. In return, we create an environment that gives our people space and freedom, where they can grow as leaders. A connected community where ideas can thrive. Where you explore new challenges. Learning all you need to master your field, and even more about yourself.
Be part of this amazing blend. Join our collective and help us grow a better world of wellbeing and a better you.
The Qualities We Look For In Youekaterra is made up of a special blend of individuals which make our teams exciting and diverse. To be part of our blend we are looking for individuals who think Green and are environmentally conscious, who understand the power of simplicity and who are accountable for their actions. We want those who infuse mastery and passion in everything they do to create great products and unforgettable experiences for our consumers.
What’s in it for you?
We believe that growth is for everyone, we believe in growing leaders, and we believe in making space to grow an owner’s mentality. Like nature, we adapt, we change, and we grow. We believe in connections over hierarchies and work levels. We have a ‘corporate start-up’ approach; we act with speed and agility, and we have the strength and scale of a large corporation. We are building a better world of wellbeing, and a better you.
Your RoleTo ensure the production and packaging of company products, according to the production plan and within company’s quality, SHE & cost standards. Accomplish operational goals within the assigned Business Unit which relate to customer service, throughput, efficiencies, quality, and cost reduction. Provide leadership to all teammates within the business unit in a cross-functional, empowered team approach to achieve the business goals.
Your Key Tasks
- Agrees and implements production plan (e.g. if a production line breaks down, prioritises production requirements and re-allocates labour accordingly).
- Conduct daily production meetings with the different production disciplines to analyse previous shift results and implements any necessary changes to meet demand.
- Ensures that quality standards are implemented and adhered to.
- Diagnoses plant problems (fault finding) and liases with Engineering Foremen for plant maintenance.
- Responsible for ensuring staff and raw materials availability for production
- Monitors operational efficiencies and recommends and implements corrective action for improvement
- Assist in drawing up PPM schedules for the plant
- Ensure that shift repairs and maintenance is carried out by the Team Leaders and operators to reduce the impact of downtime
- Implements total productive maintenance to improve production OE’s , OR’s and reduce downtime
- Assist in capacity planning exercises to optimize plant
- Implement recommendations from SHE, Quality or engineering.
- Assist in planning and implementation of plant trials to progress product innovations
- Jointly agrees production plan with production manager and planning.
- Monitor and reduce wastes such as product, packaging, steam, air, water and electricity
- Can make production decisions within quality standards and production plan.
- Identifies reasons for staff non-conformance (e.g. training required, poor performance, refusal to obey lawful instruction, absenteeism) and takes appropriate action.
- Monitors processes and changes.
- Co-ordinates the implementation of TPM in the factory
Skills And Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Supply Chain, Engineering or related area of study is preferred.
- 5 years’ supply chain experience, preferable in a manufacturing environment, with direct supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of state and federal regulations, i.e. OSHA, EPA, FDA.
- Understanding of GMP’s, safety and housekeeping requirements.
- Effectively lead, coach, and motivate incumbents throughout the department.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve complex problems, strong analytical and technical thought process.
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication skills, as well as effective presentation skills.
- Effective influence skills and ability to handle interpersonal issues effectively.
- Encourages and supports teamwork and participates willingly as a team player.
Who We Are Looking For
- A big-picture thinker, confident in taking strategic decisions
- Driven by innovation and strong change affinity
- Have strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills with diverse, multi-functional stakeholders
- Independent, self-starter, ability to discover opportunities and grow the business
- Must be passionate about Tea
- A passionate Networker and a natural relationship builder
- Able to develop and implement manufacturing strategy
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.